Early childhood education fee
The maximum fee for full-time day care is 289 euros per month for the youngest child in the family. The following child will be charged an early childhood education fee set at a maximum of 50 per cent of the fee for the youngest child, a maximum of 145 euros a month. For each subsequent child, the fee is set at 20 per cent of the fee for the youngest child, a maximum of 58 euros a month. The minimum fee is 27 euros.
The fee is determined on the basis of the following income information
- gross income, which needs to be verified by providing the most recent pay slip
- unemployment or sickness benefit decision
- flexible or partial care allowance paid by Kela
- labour market subsidy for studying
- rehabilitation allowance
- pension (incl. pension paid to the child)
- capital income
- support for informal care
- job alternation compensation
- child support payment
- paid child support is taken into account as a deduction.
The family income is determined as the income of the user of the service as well as the income of the spouse or domestic partner living in the same household with the user.
An income statement needs to be provided at the latest on the fifth day of the month following the starting month. If the income statement is not provided, the fee will be determined on the basis of the highest fee.
When the income statement is provided, the payment decision will be rectified starting from the beginning of the month that has not yet been invoiced.