The Health and Welfare Promotion Unit is responsible for promoting the planning and development of well-being and health. We work with the municipality’s other units as well as with other public actors, companies and communities that operate extensively in the municipality. Our most important objectives are to secure the equal treatment of our residents and getting them interested in improving their personal well-being.
We monitor the promotion of well-being and health regularly with well-being reports. We also create other plans and reports that support the planning of our well-being initiatives.
The City of Seinäjoki’s objectives for the promotion of well-being and health:
- Promoting inclusion, communality and cultural well-being.
- Promoting the well-being of children, young people and families with children.
- Ensuring that everyone can work and secure their livelihood.
- Promoting the well-being of the elderly.
- Creating and urban environment and culture that supports well-being.
(Well-being Report of the City of Seinäjoki 2017–2020)