Oral health care
Centralised appointments at: +3586 425 5425
Open Mon-Thu between 7:45am-4pm, Fridays and days prior to holidays between 7:45am-3pm. After 4 pm (Fridays and eve days at 3 pm), contact 044 425 5915. From 9 pm to 8 am, contact emergency services 116117.
Please note that an unused appointment that has not been cancelled or postponed will be charged at 50.80 euros for patients 15 years or older. The cancellation must take place by 12pm, one weekday prior to the appointment, at the latest. The fine is not charged if there is an acceptable reason for not cancelling the appointment.
Emergency duty service
An assessment for the need and urgency of treatment is made during the phone call for an appointment.
Appointments, tel: +3586 425 5425, are available Mon-Thu between 7:45am-4pm, and on Fridays and days prior to holidays between 7:45am-3pm. In urgent cases it is recommended to contact us first thing in the morning. The dental clinic that has the duty service is announced when the appointment is made.
Dentist’s emergency duty on weekends and mid-week holidays in Seinäjoki
The urgency for the need of treatment is assessed on the phone.
Appointments on Saturdays, Sundays, and mid-week holidays are between 8am-12pm, tel: +3586 425 5428. After 12 noon, contact 044 425 5915. From 9 pm to 8 am, contact emergency services 116117.
The person on duty will assess the urgency for the need of treatment on the phone and, if necessary, gives a first-aid appointment at the reception. Further treatment takes place at the patient’s own dentist’s reception.
The dentist’s emergency duty on weekends and mid-week holidays in the South Ostrobothnia area is in Seinäjoki, Koskenalantie 18, PO Box 60100 Seinäjoki. The dentist’s emergency reception is in the Y building, on the ground floor, in connection with the health care centre’s first-aid emergency reception.
The purpose of the emergency reception is to ensure that such medical tests and first-aid treatment are available daily and cannot be postponed without endangering a life or causing significant damage to a person’s health.
that are deemed to require urgent first-aid include:
– swelling, difficulties to swallow
– limited ability to open mouth
– mouth cannot be closed
– fever in connection with the aforementioned symptoms
– acute pain stemming from teeth (continuous pain that prevents sleep and that cannot be helped with analgesic drugs)
– damages from assault, accidents and injuries affecting teeth, or suspected jaw bone fractures
– bleeding e.g. after a tooth has been removed and mouth fills with blood quickly
– a broken permanent orthodontic aligner that causes pain or discomfort, and the situation cannot be helped by, for example, chewing gum or softening with orthodontic wax
that are deemed to not require urgent first-aid include:
– mild pain that can be treated with anagelsic drug
– teeth aching when exposed to cold or heat
– chip in a tooth or tooth filling
– prosthetic problems or the dislodging of dental implants
– problems with removable aligners or dislocation of attachment appliance in the orthodontic headgear treatment
Text message reminder of an appointment at the clinic
The patient can receive a reminder of an appointment in the form of a text message. The message will be sent on the weekday prior to the appointment. The text message will be sent to those customers who have provided their mobile phone number. For children under 12 years old, the message will be sent to the parent’s phone.
Scheduled appointments services
can check or cancel appointmentsthat have been made to the reception of a
dentist, dental hygienist, or a dental assistant via the Internet. Electronic
bank ID or a mobile certificate is required to use this service.
The guardian of a child under 12 years old can check or cancel the child’s appointment via this service. You can also change the appointment made for the dental assistant’s reception. The guardian who is dealing with the child’s affairs must have their basic information in our patient data system. Electronic bank ID or a mobile certificate is required to use this service.
In cases where the patient is undergoing a treatment that requires multiple visits (dental prosthetics, orthodontics) or an appointment for a surgical procedure, the cancellations should be made via telephone.